Pump & Store
The economic and environmental solution to flood/drought water problems
The concept is simple. Store water when it is abundant and use it when there is a shortage.
But there are also huge benefits from a Pump & Store system, not least huge savings on water bills.
If we first look at a FARM WITHOUT a Pump and Store System...
During the wet season, animal troughs are filled by mains water - livestock can enter the stream to drink but cause pollution. The stream floods and can cause damage.
• Cattle polluting the watercourse
• Public utility water used for livestock watering
• Possible flooding damage
During dry seasons, stream flow diminishes and more public utility water has to be used to supplement water supply for livestock and crops, therefore public utility water bills soar.
• WATER CRISIS
• Large amounts of public utility water used for livestock
• Stressed crops need more water
• Thirsty livestock pollute watercourse and cause bank erosion
...then we look at the benefits of a Pump & Store System
During the wet season, water is pumped with a Papa Pump up to either a large tank or a lagoon for storage. For many farms this water can reduce the public utility water bill significantly. This also helps to alleviate any flood situation. Because water is delivered to the farm and to the livestock, there is no reason for them to enter the watercourse which can be fenced off, helping the environment.
• Papa Pump has NEAR ZERO RUNNING COSTS
• Enables good water catchment/environmental management
• It is possible to almost eliminate costly public utility water
• Stores water for dry season
During the dry season the stream flow diminishes but the Papa Pump can still deliver water to the storage tank or lagoon. Water is used for livestock watering and/or irrigating crops. Crops benefit from better irrigation. Public utility water is used less frequently and keeps water bills down to a minimum.
• Crisis avoided with good water stocks
• Stored water is used for livestock and/or crops
• Pump can still work with small and variable flows
• Well watered livestock, crops give better yields
• Use of mains water kept to a minimum
Introducing our Zero Energy Usage Water Pump...
Made from a non-corrosive and hard-wearing composite specifically developed for metal replacement. The pump also uses our patented EPDM valves to deliver water over long distances and to impressive heights
WITHOUT THE USE OF ANY FUEL OR ELECTRICITY, just the natural power in flowing water.
contains NO mechanical moving parts to wear out!
Our patented EPDM valves are long-lasting, easy and cheap to replace!
Find out more about the Papa Pump on our dedicated Papa Pump website here.